Thursday, March 19, 2015

Two years since our world changed

Tomorrow, March 20th is a day I will never forget until the day I no longer walk this earth.  Two years ago, on March 20th, we got the phone call that you were here.  I will never forget the way it felt to hear those words "there is a little boy, who is 2 weeks old, and he may be yours."  It still gives me goosebumps.   We had only a few short hours to decide if we wanted to proceed further.  I remember sitting in my car at work talking to our adoption worker and shaking.  I had prepared myself (at least I thought I had) for that moment, but when it arrived I was a wreck.  I sobbed in my boss's office after talking to your daddy. We both were shocked, excited and nervous about the unknown.   I remember calling my sister and mom.  I talked to my sister and she helped me work through some of my concerns.  We made a pros/cons list.  The cons list was pretty much nonexistent.  My mom had so many missed calls that she immediately snuck into the bathroom at work to call me back. I was so scared and so happy. When our worker told us your name and said that your first mommy wanted us to know your name meant "gift from God," I gasped.  My son, you are the BEST gift from God.
Looking back, I'm so happy that we set our fears aside and trusted God to lead the way. I cannot believe for one millisecond that I even questioned proceeding further.  Of course that was short lived.  I couldn't imagine my life without you in it.  You continue to amaze me every day.  I know there will be times when we don't always see eye to eye, but please remember, that no matter what you do in this life, I'm always there for you.  I consider myself the luckiest mama on this earth that I was chosen to be your mama.  God's plan was perfect.   He worked out all the details before we were told about you.  He named you and gave you the best first mommy and daddy to love you, then they graciously placed you in our arms forever.   What a wonderful gift.  You are our gift from God and we are happy to experience this life with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment