Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Turning TWO!

I just tucked in a one year old for the very last time. Tomorrow our baby turns TWO (technically Feb. 29)! Birthdays for our boys bring this mama all sorts of emotions. There is a reason God planned their birthdays to fall 5 days apart from each other.  He knew that I wanted to get the emotions out all at once and be done for the year. Every birthday I am so thankful to their birth parents for choosing us to be their parents. What a gift they are! Tonight I celebrate K and J.  THANK YOU for the gift of Jakob. We love you both so very much!

Tears filled my eyes as I snuggled Jakob in the rocking chair tonight.  Two years ago we went to bed completely unaware that our lives were about to change.  We had no clue that we were about to get a phone call from a friend who would put us in touch with Jakob's birthmom. A little over twelve hours after that phone call a five pound gift from God would make his arrival and our hearts would be forever changed. He was five pounds of strength and courage. Five pounds of pure love and joy.  Five pounds of complete fiestiness and a man on a mission determination. He endured the NICU, three surgeries and overcame hearing loss, all within his first year of life. He is a true miracle and is proving that he can overcome anything.
You, my son, are the busiest little man I have ever known.  You make me sweat changing your diaper and getting you dressed. You jump and climb EVERYTHING. You rearrange my pantry on a daily basis. Chasing you is my work out routine (12,000 steps so far today just chasing you) and the word no is just a suggestion in your eyes. You have this smirk and we can tell you are thinking"oh ya, I am gonna do it anyway", and you do! Even through the busyness, I wouldn't change a thing! I am honored that I get to be your mommy.  My prayer for you is that you grow up knowing the love God has for you, the love we have for you and the love your birth family has for you.  May you never forget how precious and beautiful you are.  May you grow up to be whatever you desire (as long as it's legal) and may you know that your dad and I did our very best every single day loving you and praying for you. Happy 2nd birthday to our baby boy.  Time can slow down. Then again, it is always exciting to see what you will think of next. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment