Friday, January 16, 2015

Infertility and adoption advocacy

For over 8 years, our life had revolved around infertility treatments, doctors visits, adoption worker visits and tons and tons of paperwork.  It was a rollercoaster ride, but worth it all when we held our son for the first time in our adoption office.   We have completely closed the door for any further infertility treatments, but the adoption door remains open for our future.  I can look back now and know with 100% certainty that we were supposed to be parents through adoption.  We want to have one more child and sometimes I find myself struggling with when the right time is.  I'm sure that's a normal feeling of anyone deciding when to have more children.   But it has me thinking a lot lately.  I have been asked many times already when we will adopt again. The answer is I'm not sure when.  We are trusting in God's plan this time to lead the way and give us a timeline.  He did a pretty amazing job last time and we are trusting He will do it again in HIS timing.  I do know this though, no matter where life takes me, I will always have my personal experience with infertility to help others who are going through it.  I also will have our son's adoption journey to help others with the fear that sometimes is associated with the unknowns of adoption.   I want to be an ear to listen when someone needs to cry about that failed IVF or adoption placement.   I do understand fully the pain and emotions of it all.  God gave me infertility for a reason.  He definitely tested my faith in him at times.  Then He blessed us with our son.  The son who was meant to be ours.  Through the process,  we gained strength and faith, and because of that, are able to help those who are hurting.  I am, and will continue to be an advocate for those trying to grow their family.   No matter how you get there, trust in God to lead the way.   His perfect plan will work out as it's supposed to if you just trust him.  You will find peace and understanding when you hold that precious gift from God, the gift that God hand selected to be yours.   No matter how you become a parent,  know it's the way you were meant to become a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment