Sunday, January 25, 2015

Little eyes are watching

Both my husband and my son are napping and I'm caught up on laundry!  So I'm sitting down,  drinking coffee and taking a moment to think about the sermon at church this morning.   Today's message was talking about helping children out of spiritual poverty and teaching your children about Jesus from the very second they are just a flicker in your imagination.   I didn't get to listen to the whole sermon because just as it was starting to be very good, my son pooped his pants.  Go figure.   I did, however, get back just in time for our pastor to say something similar to this : Teach your children about Jesus. If you don't have children, find some.  There are kids everywhere who need to be released from spiritual poverty.  There are many who don't know the love of Jesus and are feeling empty and lonely.   They also sang the song "I Want To Be Just Like You." This song had me in tears.  It is a great reminder of why it is so important to be a good example to our children.  My husband is a wonderful daddy and I'm so happy our son looks up to him. I am the best mommy I know how to be and I know my son thinks so too, even if there are times I feel like I'm messing up.  It has and always will be my prayer that God help us be the parents we need to be.  We hope that he will always know the love Jesus has for him.  My sweet boy, I promise to always try my hardest to teach you about Jesus through bible stories, songs and by my actions each day in this life.   I hope that your daddy and I will be a living bible, a good example and a safe place for you to fall.  Jesus is helping us along this journey as your parents. 
We know your little eyes are watching and we pray you are learning from our example.  We love you.

I Want To Be Just Like You
        By: Phillips, Craig & Dean

He climbs in my lap for a goodnight hug
He calls me Dad and I call him Bub
With his faded old pillow and a bear named Pooh
He snuggles up close and says "I want to be like you"
I tuck him in bed and I kiss him goodnight
Trippin' over the toys as I turn out the light
And I whisper a prayer that someday he'll see
He's got a father in God 'cause he's seen Jesus in me

Lord, I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be just like me
I want to be a holy example
For his innocent eyes to see
Help me be a living Bible, Lord
That my little boy can read
I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be like me

Got to admit I've got so far to go
Make so many mistakes and I'm sure that You know
Sometimes it seems no matter how hard I try
With all the pressures in life I just can't get it all right
But I'm trying so hard to learn from the best
Being patient and kind, filled with Your tenderness
'Cause I know that he'll learn from the things that he sees
And the Jesus he finds will be the Jesus in me
Right now from where he stands I may seem mighty tall
But it's only 'cause I'm learning from the best Father of them all

No comments:

Post a Comment